Monday, September 29, 2008

Mummy Found Her Family After So Many Years

Early last year my mummy found her family who she hadn't seen in such a long time. I realised that my mummy had uncles, aunties and cousins who I had never met before.

This was really exciting for Aiden and I, as we were gonna met our extended family for the first time. It's not like my mummy wanted to loose contact with her family it was just that my nanny and poppy who are my mummy's parents moved from Newcastle when my mummy was just a little girl.

My mummy got in contact with her family after reading a notice in the Newcastle herald about an elderly guy dieing. My mummy than thought it was one of her relatives so she got onto the Internet and began to search for her family, so she could confirm what she had read. It turned out that it wasn't her uncle like she had thought. Her uncle than contacted his brother's to notify them that he had heard from his niece for the first time after about fifteen years.

My mummy and her family have been in contact since and try and talk as often as they can. My mummy has since returned to Newcastle three times for holidays to catch up on the years in which she missed.

She is so happy that after all these years her family have accepted her into the family as if she had never been gone.

Recently my mummy was on facebook searching for some school friends in which she had lost contact with after graduating from Beenleigh High School in 1998.

She decided to search a cousin Patricia who my mum hasn't seen since she was about eight years of age. My mum found a lady on facebook with the same name, so my mum than messaged the lady to see if she was who my mum had been searching for. My mum than got a reply about an hour later stating that the lady that my mum had found turned out to be her cousin Patricia. My mum was so excited that she continued to message Patricia so that they could both find out what each other had been up to.

They both haven't stopped messaging since, they both have now organised to meet next year to reunite. My mum is taking us all to Melbourne so we can meet Uncles, aunties and cousins for the first time.

2 comments:

Lisa A said...

Of Course you found me...The Best LOL

patricia said...

bring me to tears why dont you!! im blubbering like a baby!!!
i hope that we can all catch up on wasted time.